MORAM is AIM’s training cum production center located near Kopai, about 12 kms from Shantiniketan, West Bengal. This is a development project undertaken by us where in we have attempted to empower a whole village and its surroundings through art and craft. Here SC/ST and women artisans from other backward classes work regularly towards creating various hand-crafted products. This is also a promotional set-up for Handicrafts by rural Artisans & Folk Performers of Bengal. It is a beautifully landscaped area with a Craft Center, Handicraft Training Institute & Common Facility Center for Folk & Tribal Performing Arts. It hosts a Craft Shop, Eco-Friendly Cottages, Organic Farms and many more attractions. In this facility, we work with more than 2000 artisans. The programme is conducted through us under the banner of Livelihood Training for the Artisans in association with Backward Classes Welfare Department, Tribal Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal.
In this set-up, we also have arrangements where in you can opt to stay and enjoy a break at our Eco-Friendly cottages. Below are the attractions you can look forward to during your stay:
- Eco Friendly Stay: Breathe in fresh air! Escape to a home away from home and feel one with nature.
- Traditional Cuisine: Traditional Bengali cuisine served with the flavour of love and care which is bound to make you feel special. The vegetables used are all handpicked from our own organic farm.
- Art and Craft Outlet: Shop from our exclusive collection of handicrafts and handloom while you enjoy your stay at Moram.
- Creative Workshops: At Moram you can experience live creative workshops by tribal artisans who get trained here to make and sell their products to world market. This is also where our handloom fashion and lifestyle brand DESHAJ is crafted, produced and stored before it moves to our selling outlets.
- Tribal Performances: Get your senses replenished with the rhythm of tribal music and performances while you rejuvenate your soul with the tune.
- Parikrama: Walk through the trails of villages and take a fresh breath to get the aroma of soil and greeneries. Look beyond the horizon of green fields and feel the peace within you.
- Serve and love the nature: We at Moram inspire activities where one can serve Mother Nature and her family. The initiative includes plantation of trees, feeding animals, distributing gifts and essentials to poor and more karmas to satisfy the soul.
If you love nature and value indigenous products and culture this is a destination you cannot miss.
To book your stay contact us here.
Address: Debanandapur, PO:-Laldaha(near KOPAI)
P.S: Bolpur, Birbhum-731204, West Bengal, India
Handphone: Shreyashi – 9830378944 ; Sudeshna – 9874148427